Bullying at work, in brief…
Colour Therapy For Your Life!
Understand how colours impact on your life!
We take our immediate surroundings for granted and forget how much our habitat affects our mood and wellbeing. But research shows that we’re very much influenced by the colours around us and by those that we wear.
The burgeoning interior design, fashion and beauty industries promote shades and tones to enhance every aspect of your life right down to eye make-up! Feeling sensual? Then it's a case of soft greys around the eyes and crimson lips. Going Gothic? Black kohl, pale foundation but dark blusher, will do the trick. With this in mind here's an At-A-Glance Guide to “colour therapy”.
Six Shades You’re Likely To Wear And How They'll Affect Mood And Image:
Blacks and dark greys -
* Your mood - These can be emotionally stifling if you're not already in a happy or positive mood. Research shows depressed people reinforce their low feelings by dressing in dark colours.
* Your image - Draining to the complexion, you may be perceived as serious, conservative, and even someone that brings the mood down unless these colours are well-accessorised or in a sophisticated, sexy or unique style.
Blues, violets and dark, rich pinks -
* Your mood - Such tones can have a calming and soothing effect that helps to stabilise your mood. Brighter shades are more uplifting.
* Your image - People will take you as someone that’s trustworthy and well-grounded.
Greens and yellows -
* Your mood - These colours help you feel upbeat and give a positive energy. Wearing them can help invigorate you throughout the day.
* Your image - You’ll be seen as an individual that's not frightened of change and gets on with things. Very positive unless in a conservative environment where it seems OTT.
Reds and oranges -
* Your mood - Not the colours to relax in! These fuel energy levels but sometimes may be irritating if you're fatigued or stressed. Might leave you feeling frenetic unless feeling confident/positive.
* Your image - These can be disconcerting to others if particularly vibrant. You may be perceived as overpowering. Unless the shades are balanced by a gentle manner, people might feel discomfort/disquiet around you.
Taupes, khakis, beiges and pale pinks -
* Your mood - These choices are reassuring to our well-being and will enhance a neutral mood state and can also be steadying to frazzled nerves.
* Your image - You'll be seen as having a gentle predictable nature. Make sure you're not perceived as bland or boring by choosing accessories carefully.
Whites and creams -
* Your mood - These tones are uplifting, positive, and may make you feel you've had a confidence boost.
* Your image - People might take you for being aspirational and that you’re quite competitive. They may see you as being choosy and even have a perfectionist streak.
The Six Main Environmental "Moods" And The Colours That Create Them:
There are some differences in the way mood is affected by the colours we wear as opposed to the colours we decorate with.
Energising And Refreshing -
A number of colours enhance this mood state. Clean and bright mid-blues and clear bright yellows are perfect for energising and refreshing. Reds can do the same but only when used on one wall or to accent a room rather than dominate it. Mid-to-lime greens that aren’t too vibrant also refresh. Please note that darker blues and dark golds become more calming, and electric shades become might be irritating.
Authority And Seriousness -
Using darker and royal blues, and forest greens in a formal drawing or dining room conveys authority. In large rooms you can use deep purples, dark greys and even blacks for a formal, studious and serious effect.
Deep crimsons and rich, chocolatey tones enhance your feelings of sensuality and can convey an erotic feeling. But be careful in small rooms that such choices don't overpower and destroy the desired affect. Clear, earth tones as well as rich, salmon pinks also enhance a sensual mood.
Comforting, Calming And Tranquillising -
Many colours in the correct, pale shade can promote this type of mood-state. Paler shades of lilac, lavenders, and blues that aren’t bright as well as pale, fleshy pink tones give a sense of comfort and calm. Also pale, brick-earth tones as well as rich gold and buttery tones are tranquillising.
Liberating And Freeing -
A variety of shades can be freeing to the spirit. Sunshine yellows, mid-to-light greens, and turquoises are very liberating. Fresh, bright, but not dark pinks and corals also uplift your mood. Lively shades of mint and of avocado greens will achieve this, too.
Neutral And Stable -
If you need an environment that is conducive to stability or where you don't want emotions aroused, e.g., in an office reception area, there are a number of shades to try. Pale grey-green shades, dove greys, oatmeals, pale beiges and browns, rich creams, and taupes will provide this.
Published in The Express Newspaper
I’m excited that my new book ‘THE LAWS OF SISTERHOOD - The girlfriends’ guide to successful dating and finding the one’ is available to preorder on Amazon.
I hope you find it a unique guide that emphasises how single friends can help each other make the most of the dating scene. As well as containing a vast array of tips and techniques to help you to dating success - everything from the first date, online dating, the signals he gives out through different behaviours, and how to improve your own signals are included.
“Pam’s dating book is inspired and will make you a much more attractive and confident date” Jo Hemmings, Behavioural psychologist and author
My new book The Emotional Eater's Diet is published in the UK on May 15 - I’m very excited as I hope emotional eaters - women or men will find it helpful. Each year 2/3s of people start a diet and 20% start a new diet each month. Yet 95% of diets aren’t successful.
I firmly believe that emotional eating to soothe difficult feelings is the culprit behind most of this failure. My book has a huge range of practical tips/strategies to help understand your emotions and manage your appetite. There are mini-quizes and real case studies.
It’s available to preorder on Amazon. Please remember that food can fuel your energy needs but not your emotional needs. Take care!
I'm delighted that my latest book Sex Academy was endorsed by my fellow self-help author Siski Green who said: "Sex Academy really is THE Bible of sex books. The lessons and lectures cover the A-Z of everything you want to know - from Anal sex to getting Zero sex." I hope you enjoy it!
I was so excited and HAPPY to write this book on happiness covering my 10 unique Happiness Principles. I hope it helps increase your well-being, contentment, and happiness. I've packed it with dozens and dozens of easy-to-use strategies, plus life-changing insights. Based on about five years of collecting case studies and research I hope you'll find it helpful.
My latest sex guide's out - I've gone through thousands of questions people ask me about sex - from why they don't feel desire to how to handle a partner's kinky fetish. Here are the answers plus loads of tricks and techniques. Enjoy!
Discover the relationship between your dreams and your sex- and love-life! Go on a journey of self-discovery in this unique dream book. Case studies, a dream directory, and ‘dreamersises’ help you interpret your dreams.
My research found if a couple's been together more than one year it's unlikely you've tried any new sex tip, trick or technique for at least four months! Rescue's at hand with my 250 hottest sex tips for every aspect of your sex life.
No couple or single can be without this unique, best-selling book containing a vast range of techniques, tricks and tips to turn your lover on. From attracting someone new to recharging your old relationship, Fabulous, explores each of the sexual senses in turn!
No. 1 selling book offering you tons of fantastic sex tips PLUS a new and revolutionary ways of looking at sexual pleasure and ‘problems‘ and how they fit into a person's whole life and relationships.
No. 1 selling sex book covering everything from how your body works to infinite sex tips. The Daily Star said: 'Sinful Sex has something for everyone'
A unique parenting book giving you creative techniques to understand your child better through their dreams and nightmares. These reveal so much about a child that most parents miss out on. Strengthen your parent-child relationship, their confidence and well-being!